Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

What do I feed my overweight dog? (Small dog) I have overfed

Customer Question

What do I feed my overweight dog? (Small dog) I have overfed him and he is 9.2 kilos.
What should he be?
He is a bechon/toy poodle cross, small.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I recently came online and see that your question about Sambo hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind: 1. Does he otherwise act his normal self with no change in activity level, thirst or appetite? No vomiting or diarrhea?2. What exactly are you feeding him?3. And, how much are you feeding him?4. Do you feed table food and/or treats? If so, how much?5. How much exercise does he get?6. Can you provide a body condition score (from 1-9) after you view the following link: Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.Thanks for your patience. Deb