Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just ate raw salmon sashimi. He already has liver cancer.

Customer Question

My dog just ate raw salmon sashimi. He already has liver cancer. Is there anything I can do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is almost 14 and his name is asia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Asia?
Customer: No. I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Sorry to hear about your dog's health problems, however I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. The good news is that although this is not something you would want to feed your dog each day the chances are that Asia will get away with this on a one off basis, there is nothing special you need do in this sort of situation, the chances are he will be just fine. 2. Also the sashimi is unlikely to have much bearing on his cancer on a one of basis.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Asia is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the salmon sashimi ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.