Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have 4 dog two wright is about 45 puns they eat my

Customer Question

Hello i have 4 dog two wright is about 45 puns they eat my other days 60 to 120 trifexis
They did puke but they are sleepy should I be worry I was reading some others that happen too b they watch there dogs WHT should I do I took them out they seam to be fine just worried
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news : If your smaller dogs ate just one Trifexis 1620 mg then this is nothing much to worry much about. The amount of the two drugs in Trifexis that can be safely swallowed is very high indeed. So unless your dogs got into dozens of tablets there is little chance of a problem.2. That said you may perhaps see a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but this should soon pass, basically there are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation, your dogs should be just fine.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.