Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Dog hit by a car. He is bleeding from the ear and a wound on

Customer Question

Dog hit by a car. He is bleeding from the ear and a wound on the neck. He will not let anyone near him. Is there hope?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to answer your question...I hope your guy is ok. You can give him Benadryl at 2 mg per pound to help make him drowsy to clean these wounds. If he is a smaller dog, drop a towel over him so you can contain him to work on the injuries. After such a severe trauma, they are very frightened and this will resolve once he is with people that he recognizes and treatment of the wounds with peroxide and Neosporin is very important to decrease the risk of infection. DEpending on how deep the wounds are, you may have to get him to your vet for more treatment and an exam to be sure nothing serious has been injured. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta