Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

What can cause diarrhea in german shepherds? can the change

Customer Question

what can cause diarrhea in german shepherds? can the change of dryfood be one reason?or if the new dryfood contains joint support?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Are you available for some questions?
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
Ok, so since you are not answering I will provide you with an there are many things that can cause diarrhea in GS dogs: dietary indiscretion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, parasites,stress, infectious disease, metabolic disease and the list goes on....... if this is a new thing and you recently changed the food and there was no diarrhea prior to food change then more than likely it is the food change.I would like to have more information on how this started and has progressed and I feel I could help you much more that here are my questions:1. Did the diarrhea start after the food change?2. What food was your dog on prior to diarrhea and after?3.Is your dog eating, drinking, acting normal?Thanks for any information you can give me. I will get back to you tonight if you answer these questions.I have a family funeral to go to tomorrow and will not be back in town until late Monday night. Sincerely, DRB