How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Loretta Your Own Question
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 28089
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Loretta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

8 year old pom swallowed tar

Customer Question

8 year old pom swallowed tar
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This is known to be toxic to dogs depending on the amount ingested. If this has been within 2 hrs of ingestion, induce vomiting: Give 1 teaspoons of peroxide per 5 pounds of weight and wait 15 minutes. If no vomiting, then try it again. You can do this 3 times safely. If this does not help, seek the attention of the ER vet since this may hurt Poochy and immediate treatment is required.This LINK will explain in more detail. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

Related Dog Veterinary Questions