Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Our dog indy is losing his sight. We have been using cyclosporin

Customer Question

our dog indy is losing his sight. We have been using cyclosporin aq on his eyes and whipping off the puss that coving his eyes each day. Is there any other thing that we can do to help him
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!If your dog has been diagnosed with dry eye or KCS then there are a few things you can do. - Talk to your veterinarian about increased concentration of the cyclosporin if you are on 0.5 or 1% which will slow progression of the disease- Possibly add in tacrolimus which is another medication that helps increase lubrication of the eyes- Refresh eye drops between the medicated drops to maintain hydration of the eyes and therefore limit the buildup you are seeing which is the body's way of treating the dry eyeI hope this information helps but please let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!