Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog was given convenia yesterday and she has been vomiting

Customer Question

My dog was given convenia yesterday and she has been vomiting and took her to the hospital and her blood test ALT went from 200 to 800
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So sorry to hear Molly's liver values are increased four times since the last done. The concern is definitely that her liver is having some issues which can be hepatitis (infection, inflammation), cancer, or cirrhosis. Do you know if any of her other liver values are also elevated such as the GGT, Total Bilirubin, AST, Alkaline Phosphatase?The next step is definitely to have an abdominal ultrasound done to evaluate the liver architecture, possibly get a sample, ensure the gall bladder is not obstructed and this should be done by a veterinary radiologist. In addition, starting a liver supplement such as denamarrin to help support the liver function and using a low protein food as well. Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, I know this must be terribly frightening and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunally, my beautiful dog Molly die, less than 24 hours of given convenia
I am so incredibly sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you and your family as you grieve your beloved friend...