Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 year old boxer mix Started throwing up stomach bile last

Customer Question

My 10 year old boxer mix Started throwing up stomach bile last Saturday, took him to the vet and the diagnosed him with a upset stomach, gave him a b12 shot and anti nausea meds. 2 days later still laying around and barley eating, he also started to drool excessive . Took him back to the vet and they did blood work, all results came back normal except for his WBC was high at 17.9 and his Neutrophil is 16468 and lymphocyte was low at 537 and T4 was low at .9 and chloride was low at 106 and sodium low at 140. They believe he has a stomach or intestinal infection. They have given him clavamox . He still is very picky on what he eats and generally not well. I'm hoping it turns around in the next day or two. Not sure that it's as simple as a infection.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: He does have a history of a grade 3 heart mummer .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this guy's situation. Do you feel that he's been losing weight? There has been no more vomiting since last Saturday? Did your vet talk about further testing with possible ultrasound if he's not improving? How are his stools?