Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

The last 3 days I noticed her making little congested like

Customer Question

The last 3 days I noticed her making little congested like sounds coming from her head not her chest. Her breathing is silky smooth and then she makes little piggy snorts. Allergies?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Violet she's a mini dox
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is prob 3 lbs overweight
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This congestion may well be due to some form of allergies and this odd noise you hear is probably a "reverse Sneeze" that is related to allergies as well. The best thing you can do is to give Violet Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs to reduce the congestion and decrease the Reverse Sneeze. This is a harmless noise caused by the allergy...this LINK will explain in more detail. This is not harmful to Violet but does sound serious. If she does not respond to this medication within a day, have your vet examine Violet to be sure we did not miss something. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****