Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He won't eat but will deink water and sluggish JA: I'm sorry

Customer Question

he won't eat but will deink water and sluggish
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Pokey 12 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pokey?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.How long has he been showing signs?Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?Can he keep that water down?Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?