Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11year old spayed ***** ***** is having a lot of dark to

Customer Question

my 11year old spayed ***** ***** is having a lot of dark to black skin on her underbelly.Normally she has small light patches and then they turn darker in the summer. It is not summer as yet...but her groan and stomach has turned black. Presently it does bother her, her coat is white with black spots. Never has she given us a health issue. We had her to the Vet this week...he said it is just normal. After reading some of the concerns of their dogs regarding this issue...I now have concerns. Can you help...Thank You.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.How long has she had these signs?Are you seeing any changes to the skin (ie pimples, pustules, scabs, sores, ulcers, redness, dander, or crusting) or raised areas?Does Billie seem itchy or irritated in this region at all?Any diet changes? Is she on monthly flea treatment and if so what brand?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow