Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My d F JA: What sort of animal are we talking about? JA:

Customer Question

My d F
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: My 4 year old did is quivering and is breathing heavy I took
JA: I'm sure F feels you are doing your best. What is wrong with F?
Customer: My dog is quivering and panting she has had allergy and had steroids shots twice Ina year Annd half. I took her back to my vet and he gave her a different steroid shot . A week later she has started this quivering and panting and she looks and acts like she is very frightened
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about F?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Quivering and panting are indications of both anxiety and pain which might not be mutally exclusive. They don't localize the problem, however; other symptoms are needed to do so. We do see behavioral changes with steroids, however, and some steroid injections last longer than others. It would be prudent to ask her vet which steroid was administered and how long adverse effects would be expected. Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.