Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Yorkie is breathing heavily apparent reason. She

Customer Question

My Yorkie is breathing heavily for no apparent reason. She does this when we travel with her also. When she is in the car she pants for hours and refuses to lay down. Now she has tarted doing this at home. Yesterday she ran for awhile outside came in acting like she was hot panting heavy. She had a restless night last night now she is panting heavy again. When she does stop to rest her breathing is raspy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....Does Gracie ever turn blue during these episodes?When was the last time she was seen by her vet?Does she ever sound like she's got 'wet' lungs?