Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She is a 6 week old puppy and has only had her mothers milk,

Customer Question

she is a 6 week old puppy and has only had her mothers milk, along with ground puppy food laced with Esbilac puppy replacement powder mixed with warm water. She and her siblings have been on this diet for a week and a half, she has been perfectly fine until today when she started drooling quite a bit and after a couple of hours she through up puppy food from this mornings feeding. what will cause her to do this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?
Customer: peeps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peeps?
Customer: not really, she has been fine until this afternoon and she was held a lot by her potential new owner that came for a visit. she has not had any shots as yet, i normally start them at 7 weeks. She has been in the play pen with her siblings and they are all fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
My initial thought would be colic when just the one pup is affected. Perhaps all the handling was too stressful for her. In case simple parasitism is responsible, it would be prudent to worm her and all of the pups with an over the counter wormer containing pyrantel pamoate unless you've done this within the last two weeks. Her diet is fine although I'd like the pups transitioned completely to a puppy food by now. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Hi Thomas,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?