Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Well my puppy is seven weeks old and he fell out of my daughters

Customer Question

Well my puppy is seven weeks old and he fell out of my daughters arms and landed on his back and he started yelping.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: rex
JA: Huh?
Customer: His name is Rex
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rex?
Customer: He is a Pomeranian Yorkie terrier mix. He is eyes are at half mass he looks very tired.
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago } ? 2. What symptoms is Rex showing at present? You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He fell just less than five minutes ago. He just went to the bathroom and is walking fine. I squeezed his legs and abdomen no cries or winces. He just looks like he is sleepy. He was nibbling on my shoe just a second ago
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Actually pups are always having knocks and bumps and minor traumatic incidents such as you describe, my experience is that young pups are usually very resilient and significant injuries are rare. 2. If he is now walking normally now and responding normally then I would be very surprised if you will have any cause for concern, all you need do is to keep an eye on him for present and of course have him checked by a vet ASAP if any unexpected symptoms arise, but this would be unlikely. 3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Rex's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me furtherRegards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it bad if he is sleeping? Should I wake him up to see if he wants to walk or play?
Hello again, Very glad to talk this over with you further. If he is sleeping normally and this is his regular time to sleep then the chances are that he is OK, so best just leave him sleep for now ... If he was seriously hurt in many cases he would be awake and whimpering. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Rex is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his fall ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.