Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an 7 month old Redbone Coonhound female puppy named

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 7 month old Redbone Coonhound female puppy named Red. Over the past few weeks we have noticed that she has been a little clumsy on her feet and slow to stand up. She has also been less energetic than normal. We initially thought this was simply because she was growing but it has gotten progressively worse to the point where where we can tell something doesn't seem right with her back legs specifically her right back leg.
She was at the vet just 3 weeks ago for a check up because we thought she had a urinary tract infection. There were a few symptoms that caused us to think that but the doctor did a checkup and a test and said she was fine. She did have a slight irritation in the groin area that they prescribed some special wipes for but that was it.
I have a few videos that I just literally took today showing the issue that I can send if that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.
Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....my biggest concern is possible hip dysplasia but I need to ask you some questions.......is your dog eating, drinking and feeling well other than the difficulty with moving? Did your dog have a normal temp at the vet when you went?
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.
Hi, so if you would please answer my questions and I will prepare an answer for you. Thank you, DRB