Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

Is it okay to use ophthalmic polysporin on my husky, she has

Customer Question

Is it okay to use ophthalmic polysporin on my husky, she has an eye infection
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your pup has an eye infection.Polysporin can be safely used in the eyes. I would recommend using a new tube to guard against contamination, and making sure not to touch the tip to her eye.Also given that it is an ointment it will make things stick in her eye, so I would thoroughly flush her eyes with sterile saline to make sure her eye is as clean and dust/contaminant free as possible, and then apply the Polysporin.Best of luck with your pup, please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****