Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 week old puppy has been vomiting throughout the night

Customer Question

My 10 week old puppy has been vomiting throughout the night & has had diarrhoea... I couldn't think of anything except that my parent planted broad beans yesterday... And on googling dogs & broad beans it says they are toxic? What can I do & what symptoms should I be looking out for?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the puppy ate?
Customer: No, it is only a guess as my house & garden are completely puppy proof... The only think it could be is broad beans or a bug?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: He is a 10week old American staffy x American bulldog puppy & he weighs around 8kg...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for your puppy. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind: 1. Can you take his temperature?2. Can you tell me the color of his gums? Are they moist or dry?3. Is he lethargic?4. What is he vomiting?5. Does he want to eat? There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb