Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dog ate so burrs off her fur. Will it hurt the dog JA: I'm

Customer Question

Dog ate so burrs off her fur. Will it hurt the dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ella
JA: How old is Ella?
Customer: 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ella?
Customer: No she just keeps licking her chops
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, these will cause no long term harm but can irritate the mouth and throat if Ella is eating them. Therefore, if she is licking her chops, we'd want to check her mouth for any and remove any found. Otherwise, we can offer some food to help push any in the mouth/throat into the stomach. And if you do see her swallowing or irritated despite that, you can soothe her throat by giving a few millilitres of plain honey & glycerin cough syrup or plain honey. These can be given as often as needed and usually they irritation will settle within 24 hours. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
How is everything going with your wee one?Dr. B.