Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Intermittant diahea

Customer Question

intermittant diahea
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. The most common cause for this is a worm load so the first thing to help Sallie is to give her a god wormer from the pet store such as Panacur. If this does not help, it may be that she has a very sensitive digestive tract and when she has this, follow these instructions: Fast Sallie for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down. Water is ok.Give her Imodium AD at ½ caplet per 15 pounds of weight every 8 hrs. that is available at the pharmacy over the counter.After the fast, feed a meal of rice and boiled chicken (2/1).If this has resolved, wean Sallie onto regular food. If this persists, have your vet examine your dgal. Even the dehydration from this can be serious and then your vet will determine the cause so treatment can be initiated correctly. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****