Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 6 month old puppy has eaten wild mushrooms. When I

Customer Question

My 6 month old puppy has eaten wild mushrooms. When I noticed the stalk in her mouth, I took it away, but there is no telling how much she ingested. She then threw up a lot of food and some bits of mushrooms. I saw that a treatment is inducing vomiting, but should I be taking more action? Should I make the middle of the night quest for activated charcoal? She is still crying but when I go to her, she wags her tail and acts like its a cry for my attention.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Zephyr. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question; I am so sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. How is she today?