Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I think she might have ingested JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

I think she might have ingested mdma
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lilly and she is 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lilly?
Customer: She has been up for awhile so I'm not sure if she is just really tired.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
If there's any chance of that occurring, inducing emesis by dosing Lilly with 3% hydrogen peroxide at a dose of 5 mL (one measuring teaspoon) per 5 pounds of body weight by means of a small poultry baster placed between her cheek teeth and cheek is important. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, the same dose should be administered.Please see here: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/toxins-poisons/toxicity-of-ecstasy-mdma-in-dogs/ however. The opposite or being "tired" is expected with this drug. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?