Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

One yr old Chihuahua was fine last night woke up this morning

Customer Question

One yr old Chihuahua was fine last night woke up this morning with diarrhea and cannot stand-up our walk..won't eat our drink
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chloe
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?
Customer: No, she has always been in great health
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: What does the diarrhea look like? Any blood?Can she move her back legs on her own at all? Does she just seem weak?Have you managed to get her to drink anything at all?Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?