Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I just Googled dogs symptoms and this came up. Back leg

Customer Question

Hi I just Googled dogs symptoms and this came up. Back leg looked like it had been grazed or bruised a couple of days ago, but now leg has fluid build up and redness all the way inside thigh area
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I have and can't see one on her foot
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Angel is 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Angel?
Customer: She's a lurcher
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 7 months ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.I am so sorry to hear Angel is experiencing this. If only one limb is affected by edema/swelling then there are several possible causes which could range from infection/abscess (bacterial) to bite/sting especially a spider to vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation) to more systemic problem (like low protein levels or heart issue) that is for some reason affecting only one limb. With infection, most dogs will run a fever.There is not much you can do at home for this, unfortunately. This is one of those symptoms that indicates the need for a veterinary visit is needed. If she is very painful of this looks to be worsening, especially if there is bruising, then you should have her seen today. If she seems comfortable and acting entirely normal with no progression of the problem, then get her in first thing tomorrow.I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey