Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 30 pound dog may have drunk a small amount of dilute green

Customer Question

my 30 pound dog may have drunk a small amount of dilute green light root stimulator and starter solution - what should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long ago did he drink this?How much do you think he had (ie spoonful, more, less)?What is the active ingredients listed in the brand you have?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
about 20 minutesAt most a lap or two - I'd just diluted it - about 1/4 cup or less in 2 gallons of water. The active ingredient is Indole-3 butyric Acid
.0004%
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He hasn't been sick or shown any symptoms - but I don't know whether that's good or bad
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you,First, I am very glad to hear that he has had so little of this. Considering his size, the dilution, and lack of signs that is all positive for your lad. As well, while I was waiting to hear back I did have a check of the rest of the ingredients and all we'd expect is stomach upset if any signs at all. Therefore, in this case, we'd just want to plan to monitor and use supportive care as needed. To do so, you can consider offering a light diet option for the next day or so. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. Further to this, if we see any hints of nausea, then we can also treat with an OTC antacid like Pepcid (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac). These are usually given 20 minutes before offering food to allow absorption and of course you want to double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any know health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. But again with how little he had, I'd not expect anything serious and just a bit of stomach upset if anything at all. Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!!!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
You are very welcome, my dear.I am glad to be of aid and wish you both a lovely Sunday. :)All the best,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you too
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
:)