Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Dog was eating a lot of grass and vomiting yellow bile. Vet

Customer Question

Dog was eating a lot of grass and vomiting yellow bile. Vet pit him on Prilosec and he then got diarrhea. Bet the put him on metronidazole and he has yellow orange stool. He just dry vomited yellow scrambled egg substance. He only eats Hills Prescription U/D dog food. I am at a loss for what to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, just his U/D and the antibiotic.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do.
Customer: OK
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jack and almost 14. He has had calcium oxcillate surgery about three years ago so hi diet is very limited
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jack?
Customer: No - just that this all started with him eating a lot of grass every morning so he could vomit yellow foam. Only in morning. Now he has loose yellow orange loose stool after the various cures.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Has your vet done any testing like blood work or xrays? 3- How long since the last time he vomited? 4- What medication is he on now? 5- How much does he weigh? 6- Any other symptoms?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.