Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 15 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.

She has little bumps on her head and seems under the weather JA:

Customer Question

She has little bumps on her head and seems under the weather
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ruby
JA: How old is Ruby?
Customer: 4 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: She's 4, not sure if you go that
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. When did you first notice the bumps? Is she itching or licking more than usual? What do you mean by "under the weather?" What other symptoms is she having that makes her appear to be under the weather?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I noticed them this morning. She is not itching but seems to like it when I scratch them. Her ears twitch like they itch. By under the weather I mean she just isn't as energetic. She's a pit bull with really short hair so can see the bumps under her hair. They do not appear red and not open or oozing. More like little bites that are irritated
Ok than you,It sounds like he has hives on hear head and she is having an allergic reaction to somethingHer head may have come in contact with something she is allergic to.Or she may have ingested something.Or there may be allergens in the air.Benadryl should help. Give her 1 mg of Benadryl per each pound of dog every 12 hours. For example a 50 pound dog would take 50 mg of Benadryl every 12 hours. Keep giving the Benadryl until her skin is back to normal.I would also give her a bath in case she has any remaining allergens on her skin.
If she gets worse after the Benadryl meaning she gets more bumps, her face swells up, her gums turn pale, or she has trouble breathing then she is having a severe allergic reaction and needs to see the emergency vet for a cortisone injection right away.Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby