Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think he may have ate some grass seed with fertilizer

Customer Question

Hi I think he may have ate some grass seed with fertilizer in it he has been vomiting...... And seems to be breathing weird and winning as tho he is in pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Oakley he is 2 and a German Shepard
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oakley?
Customer: I don't believe so the grass seed is sta green sun and shade
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Can you tell me what ingredients were in the fertilizer?How much do you think he had?Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?Any discomfort, tensing or pain if you press on his belly?