Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Coker spaniel 10 years old..His right eye has gone from carrack

Customer Question

Coker spaniel 10 years old..His right eye has gone from carrack blue to dark brown including the entire white part
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the spaniel's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: Chronic Allergies and yeast infection... Yeast infection gone years ago but Symptoms are controlled with atopica 5 times a week and Ketoconazole 100 mg daily. Toby also has developed nose rot and nothing the vet has prescribed or getting over the counter ointment has alleviated it... The nose thing has been going on a year....
JA: There are all sorts of infestations Toby can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Can you clarify "carrack blue" for me and where that color was in his eye? I'd also like to see a photo of his "nose rot" which I suspect represents nasal hyperkeratosis but I'd like to see if I'm correct.