Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

How many cc to give to 4 pound dog

Customer Question

How many cc to give to 4 pound dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's durvert penicillin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How hard questions is that
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
Durvet procaine penicillin G contains 300,000 units of penicillin per cc. Dosing for dogs ranges from 10,000 - 20,000 units per pound every 12 - 24 hours depending upon what you're treating. A 4 lb dog, then would receive between 40,000 - 80,000 units every 12 - 24 hours which is equivalent to 0.13 - 27 cc every 12 -24 hours. Let me know what you're treating and I can be more accurate for you. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Killer. How is everything going?