Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Tooth infection JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all

Customer Question

Tooth infection
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Killer and he's a chawaya sorry can't spell it but he weights about 5 pound how many cc of durvert penicillin would I inject him with the infection is very bad
JA: How old is Killer?
Customer: 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Killer?
Customer: Yes he's loosing all his teeth from gum disease
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Killer. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. It is probably as important for him to get pain medication than antibiotics; tooth infections can be very painful. Is he eating? Injectable penicillin would not be a great choice for a tooth infection. It is painful given by injection. If he is 5 pounds, he needs about .2 cc IM once to twice daily, but to be honest, it may not help much. It would be better to get an antibiotic made for dogs, not livestock, and to get some pain medication safe for such a little dog as well. Let me know what else I can answer or help with.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
How is Killer doing? I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Can I help with anything else?