Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Can I give my dog Zonisamide and Bravecto together! She weigh

Customer Question

Can I give my dog Zonisamide and Bravecto together! She weigh 13 lbs. 11 yrs old.
Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thanks for your question! My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I believe this should be OK but give me a moment to do some research to be sure. You could consider using Frontline for fleas and ticks since it is not absorbed into the body, it works on the skin and in the hair follicles only. However, the Bravecto is probably safe; just give me a moment and I will be right back.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
So I did some research on Veterinary Information Network. The only drug listed as being unsafe with zonisamide is phenobarbital. Then I searched about using Bravecto in dogs with epilepsy or taking things like zonisamide and again there are no known contraindications. There was a mention that with dogs with seizure disorders it might be safer to use the topicals like Frontline, but there are no reports of problems using Bravecto in dogs with epilepsy, or dogs on zonisamide.Let me know if this is helpful and if I can answer anything else.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and what else I can help with.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
How is your dog doing? I hope my answer was helpful.