Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My chihuahua ate chocolate

Customer Question

my chihuahua ate chocolate
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
How much chocolate did Chiquita eat and how long ago did this happen?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think in the middle of the night. about 4 hersheys kisses. she weighs 7 lbs and is acting normal
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
I see.If it happened that long ago there is not anything that can be done at this point.Is your dog showing any signs of toxicity: vomiting, diarrhea, pacing, restlessness?If your dog is showing any signs of abnormalities, typically we will recommend IV fluids and hospitalization. Ideally, we induce vomiting right after eating the chocolate, however her dose was so mild I don't really expect anything except for an upset stomach. If she is fine now, it is unlikely she will have any problems.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she is acting completely normal
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
I think she will be perfectly fine. She has missed the danger period by now. Keep her out of trouble and hide the chocolate, as I think she will do it again given the chance. I mean, who doesn't like chocolate?!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Dr, you put my mind at ease!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
You are very welcome. I wish you both the best. Have a great rest of your weekend!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!