Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My English Bulldog must have chewed my iPad and a usb cord

Customer Question

My English Bulldog must have chewed my iPad and a usb cord last night. The glass was chewed a little bit, but I can't find some of the hard plastic and metal ends of the cord.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is Must?
Customer: So far his behavior is normal. He is 7.5 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Must?
Customer: His name is Wilbur.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. The only thing that would cause a problem would be the possibility of an intestinal tear if there was glass or plastic ingested. Since this was done last night, you have passed the 2 hr mark where we may have been able to induce vomiting to remove this material. Also, inducing vomiting, if there are pieces of plastic or glass could harm Wilbur's esophagus on the way back up. For now, give Wilbur a couple pieces of bread that may cover the peices that were ingested so they can slide through without harming anything internally. Also give Wilbur 2-3 tablespoons of mineral oil to help things slide through. This mat give Wilbur some diarrhea but that is the least of his problems. If, within the next couple days, Wilbur start vomiting or becomes lethargic, take him immediately to your vet for an exam just to be safe. An intestinal perforation or obstruction can be life threatening if not treated right away. Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****