Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

Treatment with diarrhea from eating grass?

Customer Question

Treatment for dogs with diarrhea from eating grass?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok will wait, Thank You
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear your dog is having this problem. Is there any blood in the stool?Is your dog on monthly heart worm prevention every month?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is real runny and dark, has happened 3 days in a row. Have given her pepto bismal
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I see.Heart worm prevention prevents any intestinal worms which could be causing a problem like diarrhea, so that is recommended to be used on a monthly basis. It also prevents heart worms which are lethal in dogs. I recommend picking this up from your vet. Regarding the grass and diarrhea: this seems to be very common at this time of the year. I have seen about 10 dogs just this week for this problem. The first thing to do is obviously stop them from eating the grass. Once they have diarrhea, I typically recommend starting with a bland diet such as plain boiled chicken and plain white rice for 24 hours. A dose of pepto bismol can help, as well as a dose of 2mg of Immodium. I recommend trying those out to see if they help. If there is still no improvement by monday, a vet visit is recommended.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, appreciate the answer, and again Thanks
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome. I wish you and your dog the best. Hopefully she will feel better soon.Have a wonderful weekend!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** too..
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Baylie. How is everything going?

Dr. G.