Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Dr. Altman, my 20 pound Yorke (she's not really obese, I think

Customer Question

Dr. Altman, my 20 pound Yorke (she's not really obese, I think she's just a mixed breed passed off as a yorkie) has just been diagnosed w diabestes. That makes our second diabetic in the house. She is being treated for a uti and we began 5 units of insulin bid. She is great during the day, appetite fine at night, full dose insulin. In the morning she throws up and refuses to eat. I force fed her a few bites to get the insulin in...but then she threw up...she is lethargic and I'm unsure what to do now in a Saturday....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry; it appears that Dr. Altman is not online. Can I be of help or would you prefer to wait for her? My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How is she doing now? Is she still vomiting?