Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

He is vomiting. As he hasn't eaten it's only the stomach acid

Customer Question

He is vomiting. As he hasn't eaten it's only the stomach acid that's coming out. Initially it was yellowish/whiteish colour and now he threw up it's pink...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kenzo, 12 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kendo?
Customer: I've put his food out but he doesn't want to eat it. Otherwise he behaves normally. I pressed his belly and he didn't it seems ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Protracted vomiting will rupture capillaries in the stomach lining resulting in the pink color you've seen. Vomiting has to be stopped at that point with injectable antiemetics. There are too many possible causes of vomiting to list in this venue but in a young dog such as Kenzo, a dietary indiscretion - eating something new, inappropriate, spoiled, or even a foreign body should be an important differential diagnosis.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?