Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Won't eat dinner. Drooling a little JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

Won't eat dinner. Drooling a little
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Toby. Will be 2 in September
JA: How old is Toby?
Customer: 2 in September
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?
Customer: He misbehaved earlier and was yelled at
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Anorexia and drooling suggest gastrointestinal distress (nausea, cramping) but not the cause of it. In our young dogs such as Toby a simple dietary indiscretion - eating something new, inappropriate, spoiled, or a non-food item such as a foreign body - is an important differential diagnosis. May I have an update on Toby, please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?