Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and left notes

Customer Question

My dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and left notes in the back of his head in his neck and also he has an enlarged kidney left kidney what are his chances of survival
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear Pete was diagnosed with lymphoma. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How was the diagnosis made, was a biopsy done? I am very sorry to say that if he has lymphoma, we are talking about how long a remission we can get for him, not a cure. Complete and permanent recovery does happen, but is rare. Usually we get dogs with lymphoma to go into remission with chemotherapy, for weeks to months to even a year or two, but that is usually the best to hope for. There are a lot of variables, like is this a T cell or a B cell lymphoma, are you working with an oncologist, are you will do to chemotherapy. If this were my own dog, I would be working with a veterinary oncologist, and deciding if chemotherapy is right for me and my dog. Let me know what other questions I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Was this helpful? Can I answer anything else? Let me know how Pete is doing. I am so sorry for this diagnosis.