Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My dog was seen Wednesday anal rupture. I was given

Customer Question

My dog was seen Wednesday for an anal rupture. I was given EnteDerm to apply into the wound. However it looks as though tonight the wound is closing just enough that if I try to push to EnteDerm in his wound starts to bleed. Should I still put it in or just apply to the outside?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. It is a good thing that the wound is trying to close. That's exactly what we want to have happen. Since that's what we want, I would not advise applying the EnteDerm forcefully enough to cause bleeding as this delays the healing a little bit. I would just apply it to any parts of the wound you can reach gently without causing bleeding. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Sabrina,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan