Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just got a prescription . She is on her second

Customer Question

My dog just got a prescription for aspirin. She is on her second dose but now cant seem to bear any weight on her back leg and is breathing fast
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes i dont see anything
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: She was recently diagnosed with IMHA
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Bella
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dog and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Bella has been ill - I will do my best to help. Was she prescribed the aspirin for the IMHA? That's not a drug that is typically used for this disease. What other medications is she taking? When was she last seen by the vet? ~Dr. Sara