Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Recently my cattle dog 15 yrs old, has an infection in teeth

Customer Question

recently my cattle dog 15 yrs old, has an infection in teeth area. gave her anti bi for 2 weeks. for the last 4 days she has stopped eating. She tries but the food falls out of her mouth as she attempts to chew. She drinks water, no eat, going on for 4 days, I looked in her mouth, it looked white and seemed the path was not vary open, she is extremely tender.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Because of Nicky's age, it is hard to know what may be causing this anorexia. It may be that there are tumors or masses within the oral cavity that could cause this or more areas of infection that was not taken care of. This situation may also be related to the digestive tract and not the oral cavity. It is important that you provide supportive care such as a dose of Nutrical every 4-6 hrs which is available at the pet store and will give Nicky the nutrients and vitamins she needs to help her past this and will stimulate appetite. Further diagnostics will be required to determine the actual cause for Nicky's distress. Because there are many causes for these symptoms, have your vet examine Nicky again and run diagnostics. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****