Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

HURT HIS LEG SECOND TIME IT IS A POMARAINIAN 6 YEARS

Customer Question

HURT HIS LEG FOR THE SECOND TIME IT IS A POMARAINIAN 6 YEARS OLD
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This is not unusual in this breed because they are so fragile and energetic. If this is in the rear leg, there may be a congenital problem in Charlie's knee that causes him to injure this area. For now, give Charlie aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs and keep him from jumping up or down on anything and climbing stairs so this can heal. If this is not helping, have your vet examine Charlie to be sure that this is not an ongoing problem that may require treatment. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****