Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Pain seems to be in left ear.

Customer Question

Pain seems to be in left ear. He had surgery for herniated cervical disc two months ago so I am concerned I am not just seeing ear pain even though he is responding differently from when he had disc pain.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. This was sudden onset. Head tilting, not exactly walking in circles. He is hiding under a chair now but not crying or scratching. I gave him pain meds from last episode with disc issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is he shaking his head? 2) Do you have a picture to share of how he's holding his body? Is this different than before? 3) Any nausea? 4) When you look at his eyes, do they hold still? Movement up and down? side to side? turning like a door knob?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks will go to vet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Doesn't hold head up. Tilted low and to left. Eyes normal
Thanks for your response. Were you wanting me to try to help you today?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks
I'll contact customer service for you. Best of luck with your companion.