Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dr. Joe, my husband went out to the dog house to check one

Customer Question

Dr. Joe,
my husband went out to the dog house to check one the mother and the puppies. He cleaned up one of the puppies after it had pooped and it was black stools but not like blood. He got to looking at her tits to check the milk, he squeezed milk out of the tit and it had blood in it. more milk than blood came out. some tits have all blood. Does this help any.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When did the blood appear in her milk? 2) How old are the puppies? 3) Are the mammaries hot or hard? Painful?