With his size and estimation of ingestion this could potentially be a toxic
ingestion, you may see symptoms which can includeVomitingGI UpsetHyper TensionHyperactivityRestlessnessIf your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach
and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.If there is no vomiting induced, tonight please be monitoring for symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, increased excitement, water intake increase, muscle
tremors, lethargyIf you see muscle tremors, vomiting is not subsiding, or hyper excitability then please consider a veterinary er because these can be issues with chocolate toxicity. But if you see gi upset only then this should pass within the next 24 hoursTypically chocolate toxicity symptoms peak at 4-6 hours so if you pass this mark without symptoms then he should be just fine but taking a few precautions tonight:- Pepcid (famotidine
) 0.25 mg per pound every 12 hours for 3 days- Leash walks to help the chocolate pass more readily of >15 minutes- Tomorrow bland diet
of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken
in small more frequent meals but waiting at least 12 hours after vomiting has subsided if he shows this symptomI hope this information makes sense but please let me know who else I can assist you both todayIf you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!