Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog is having an issue with urine. she is peeing in the

Customer Question

my dog is having an issue with urine. she is peeing in the house which she has never done.
she is also drinking a lot of water. I have had extensive tests done and our vet says nothing shows up. she does not seem in pain. she was born in 2008
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.
Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Your dog definitely most likely has a problem. Sometimes it is hard to get a diagnosis on these cases but if your vet cannot figure it out then we need to get you to a specialist or another vet.What you are describing is known as PU/PD or polyuria/polydipsia. This is not specific to a disease but a sign of many possible diseases. For example, in unspayed females pyometra can cause this. Also kidney disease, liver disease and many endocrine diseases can also cause these signs.A full CBC,chem panel, urinalysis with culture, T4, 4dx and radiographs of the abdomen should be done. Further more advanced testing may also need to be done to rule out things like Cushings disease. So you can see this is fairly complex......If you would like I can help you locate a specialist in your area that can help your dog. Or if you have further questions I am happy to answer those. Let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, ***** ***** hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!