Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My JRT, who is 9 years old, has been dx wth Diabetes in the

Customer Question

My JRT, who is 9 years old, has been dx wth Diabetes in the last 6 mos. I'm giving her 12 units of Vetsulin( U-40) BID. My concern is her lethargy n glassy eyes. -{today espically} Would you have n idea what is causing this?
JA: What confuses you? I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No, she has always been healthy, is checked on a regular basis, good appetite , a little over weigh, since dx she has lost 6 lbs..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was the last time that she had a blood glucose curve performed?
2) When did the lethargy begin?
3) Any difficulty seeing?