Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.

My dog licked some Makaze it's a generic killer JA:

Customer Question

My dog licked some Makaze it's a generic Weed killer
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mack age 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mack?
Customer: He has had 2 seizures in his lifetime
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Mack but happy to reassure you that these products don't typically contain ingredients which are toxic to dogs.If enough is ingested, then mild gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting and/or diarrhea might be seen especially if the product is wet but that's about all that is seen.Once it's dried, though, it shouldn't pose any problems at all. But since it sounds as if Mack only licked a small amount of the weed killer, I wouldn't expect any issues at all. He should be fine.I hope this helps to provide peace of mind about him. Deb